- drupal.org/project/media (59252) provides an extensible framework for managing files and multimedia assets, regardless of whether they are hosted on your own site or a 3rd party site - it is commonly referred to as a ‘file browser to the internet’.
- drupal.org/…oject/mediaelement (3432) HTML5 player for media wonderful but D7 only
- drupal.org/project/flowplayer (7350) An API module to provide integration with the GPL licensed Flowplayer for Flash video playback.
- drupal.org/…ect/jwplayermodule (2488) D6 only! JW Player for Drupal makes it extremely easy to deliver Flash and HTML5 video through your Drupal website
- drupal.org/project/video (13954) This module allows users to submit videos to a Drupal site. Video module 7.x-2.x provides a Video field
- praegnanz.de/html5video Comparison chart, recomments jwplayermodule, mediaelement, projekktor, videojs, not jplayer
- donmorris.com/…ers-in-drupal-7 Another comparison
mv johndyer-mediaelement-* mediaelement
rm -Rf master mediaelement/demo/ mediaelement/src/
rm -Rf mediaelement/media/ #to get rid of huge media files, but will impact drupal config
mv mediaelement/ /opt/dr7/contrib/libraries/
There is a problem with the mediaelement module in that it does not let you set a poster/thumbnail/preview image
- add the following lines in the .htaccess file on the root of your website:
AddType image/svg+xml svg
AddType image/svg+xml svgz